Saturday, February 22, 2020

Let the Curiosity take you...

Three months? Well, not bad comparatively. Feel like I need to go back and explain that the silence didn't mean I wasn't working but I don't want there to be any mistake - I have not been writing like I keep saying I need to.











































*Note, wish that was in more of a tile or mosaic grouping...

One of the goals I made was to follow my curiosity.. what am I going to use the journal to write about? There is only so much jounalling I want to do, only so much fiction writing I've got in me, and even will taking "notes" from the things I'm reading, what are the rest of the pages for??

I ordered some "markers" because I keep thinking of the video from the Kid President dude...


Note: Not the actually video I am looking for but the technology bit is always a drag... the actual video I am looking for is where Brad Montague talks about feeling like Kid President videos with his nephew and writes the Pep Talk that then goes viral and makes them famous...

Wish I could put that in a box off to the side so you could tell that was an edit after I wrote my initial ideas down and then went back to upload pictures and videos... trying to polish this image/ writing so it looks like what I'm imagining in my minds eye...

and I want to illustrate my journal with the words but markers bleed through, and apparently these highlight markers will disappear if the book gets too hot.

A problem if I want to take the journal to places I can't control the temperature - like hiking in heat..

But two things make me want to get online and share out - I'm reading a few random things from my Goodreads list - Blood and Smoke, the story of the Indy 500 -  and now Maphead by Jeopardy champ Ken Jennings, talking about the maps in the Library of Congress (added to the list of places I want to go visit).



Listening to a stack of CDs I got from the library today, ordered while watching this amazing documentary series on Netflix - Hip Hop Evolution - ! I'm blow away with the show and now I getting pulled into the flow of 2 Chainz "Collegrove"... 

Inspired to write listening to these poets, and I'm including Lil' Wayne in that statement. (Started rapping from a young age, signed in '96 when he was just 13 and he was already impressing people with his skill.) For some reason when I pushed play on the series it started with season four and New Orleans... a place I have been with my friends Anna and Katie last Feb.

Stamp that moment as being unique and a feeling of connection established to a place... a specific/ special time.


If I can tease out this part a little more... the inspiration to keep trying to get more into a habit of just writing an authentic piece not necessarily for others but just for me, something I could say this is me as a writer...

Inspired by some of the stories from Hip Hop Evolution, feel a desire to just start flowing and laying down tracks and letting the mistakes not embarrass me. More bravado and fake it until you make it, forget about being perfect before you hit the publish button.

No comments:

Post a Comment