Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Catapult Challenge

So, I went to the school early today. They finally let us back in the building today so we could bag up student belongs that were left behind before the COVID closure.

And I did remember to scan the instructions but I FORGOT to open the file and download it to the desk top so I could access it offline...

Just look at that sentence. Full of specific words, scientific words, that explain something specific.
Uses special language.

See I keep practicing in my head what I want to say. But I don't want to be the on screen persona, I can Zoom and be goofy with my friends. Made those two bored teacher videos...

But haven't done the bird writing, or finished the catapult video yet.

Anyway, I can't work on the Video without the scans.

?

Or, I could try using the pictures I already took. 

You can always take out the best later parts later.

Try to do something different to teach writing. To encourage them to do their own thing, and share it. I shared some details about my writing, and how I want to do my bird video with two good friends today. Annie and Morgan. I didn't get much feedback, yet. But I didn't have a finished project yet. But I rehearsed some of the bits I've been thinking about and showed them what I'd done.

And yes there are things I'm going to do over again. Because they weren't good, enough, yet.

Have some things I can work on tomorrow, a plan. 

And about 500? words maybe? And 3 days in a row?

We should teach writing so that inspires adults, who don't have to go to school, to still use art to tell stories and share things. What skill would you practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment