Wednesday, May 6, 2020

I honestly am trying...

To make one video teaching students how to take notes for a piece of informational writing...

But it has been four days and I have three or four things going right now, and nothing is finished.

A week ago I started on this massive project because my team at school wanted the kids to do some writing and these were the only instructions we sent for that:
So, on Monday I was going to make a video... but I was struggling to pick which bird I was going to do. I had tried to teach my first lesson on finding a "good fit book", something you can read independently, not too hard and not too easy. And I've been starting a few different ones, including one Sunday night on pigeons, because of how they can carry messages and never get lost!
But, I went on this walk around the park and got to thinking about a bingo board the kids could use in their neighborhood. I followed that on a tangent and before you know it I hadn't finished either, but I think Monday night was when I ended up deciding to do Turkeys.

Weirdly, this book on leadership I'm reading talked about doing things for yourself first, before doing things for others and it struck a cord in my that had me working eight hours like it was nothing. And I did finish a couple of things but not the video!




I still have a ton more to do, including uploading the teaching video I did finish on Wednesday, but I need to upload this too so I have a clean slate tomorrow to get a jump on making the next teaching video, and the next, so that I can finish this huge poster behind me!


By the way, I "love" that Blogger looks "totally different" again!


No comments:

Post a Comment