Sunday, May 3, 2020

Taking some notes, reading some books

I've talked about following your curiosity and using that to help journal about things. I'm not sure where the list for awesome women musicians came from but I know I have a few books on my To-Read list and I recently read this one by Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth, Girl in a Band.

I had never heard any of their music before but I did love this book, and there were a few things I thought were interesting and I decided to make notes about...

I found an interesting connection to an earlier book I read this year. Kim talks about how then California Governor Ronald Reagan shut down mental institutions directly impacting her family and their ability to find a safe facility for her older brother.

Which connected to something I read in 33 Revolutions...






More information about how Reagan may have been a beloved president on the surface but was insensitive to the people and detrimental to the office... things I've been learning about recently.

Plus making this video was a few steps easier than some in the past two months which was nice, finished it the same day I started it... the sound sucks but the music is from the band...





















No comments:

Post a Comment